Safety in your home is always important, and the Holiday time is no exception.
Many of us are decorating with electric lights for the holidays and the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) recently published these safety tips and links for additional information. We want to encourage everyone to enjoy the holidays while keeping safe.
Electrical Safety Tips:
To ensure that your holiday season is safe from electrical hazards, follow these safety tips:
- Before decorating, read and follow the manufacturers’ instructions for installation and maintenance of all decorative electrical products.
- Indoors and out, use lights and other electrical decorations certified by a recognized independent testing laboratory, such as CSA, UL, or ETL.
- Outdoors, use lights and other electrical decorations certified for outdoor use.
- Carefully inspect each decoration before plugging into an outlet.
- Cracked, frayed, loose or bare wires, and loose connections may cause a serious electrical shock or start a fire. Replace damaged items.
- Do not connect more than three light strings together.
- Light strings with screw-in bulbs should have no more than 50 bulbs connected together.
Konter Quality Homes wishes you a safe and wonderful Holiday season.